View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 12:21 PM   #26595
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
My grandmother was in one that was like a 2 minute walk from our house. She had severe dementia and didn't know anyone and got violent towards the end. It got to where my dad didn't even go see her, it was just to hard for him. He still won't talk about it as it just destroyed him.
My mom went through something similar for a little more than 2 years. People with dementia can be angry, confused and lost, all within 20 seconds.

She was at the nursing home 3 times a day because the people working there (and it wasn't cheap - it was $9k per month) didn't provide the type of care she needed regarding food and meds.

I hate to say it but a great weight was lifted when she passed at age 91 because it was destroying my mom, too.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.