View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #4684
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Hope it works out for you man. I really feel for you livestock dudes. Things are horrible in the grains (especially when it refuses to rain). But your situation is a bloodbath.

I’m listening to this WWI book in the tractor and essentially us grain guys are in trench warfare. You all are doing cavalry charges at machine guns.
That's about what it feels like.

The southern feeders kicking the hornet's nest right before the Kung Flu blew up was just terrible timing. They're showing no mercy. When they say "No Bids", it's 100% a "go **** yourself and eat your steers, we aren't buying them". I've never seen it this cut throat. I caught a tip from a buyer a while back and sent a load of old cows to a sale everyone was expecting a bloodbath at and they sold in the high 70s. Twice what I expected and then I noticed several cull bulls sold for MORE than the current fat quotes. Those mother****ers were a "no bid" in the country while quietly scavenging for the hamburger we all knew they needed at po dunk sale barns.

If I get out of this turn, I'm afraid my banker has lost his edge and isn't going to let me back in at the same level. I can only cash roll about 1/3 of normal and that isn't enough for me to pencil in better margins on the crop side like I have by walking most of the profit off the place instead of hauling. If the bankers don't let the young guys back in I'm afraid there's going to be a fundamental shift just like there was on the hog side in ~98, which could even cause a change on the local crop/feed supply side as well.

I don't want to push this to DC, but a group has apparently finally got to Trump's ear. I have little faith anything out of DC will actually be a good thing, but I guess we'll see. The worst they can do is **** up an already broken toy.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.