Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 04:46 PM   #491
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowener View Post
You're thinking of Ford's film '3 Godfathers'. It was one of my stepfather's favorite films. I've seen it at least a dozen times in my 35 years. My stepfather loved Westerns. All Westerns. He read every Louis L'Amour book multiple times. So I grew up watching Westerns endlessly. It's ok though, I made him watch Godzilla with me.

Slightly more off-topic, but my stepfather and stepbrother liked to bring up a random western they never knew the name of and could never find. They were watching a western one night that started out pretty decent then suddenly dinosaurs appeared and all hell broke loose. I recently found a copy of The Valley of Gwangi (1969) but unfortunately, both have already passed away.

Cool, man. You're absolutely right, that scene is probably based off of countless westerns. The Hidden Fortress has a similar scene as well, but that was most likely based on some early Ford Westerns.
Thanks! yeah, pretty sure that's the movie.

And SW can be both derived from old spaghetti westerns and Kurosawa films. Because many of the 60s and 70s westerns borrowed heavily from Kurosawa movies. "The Magnificent Seven" being just the most iconic one.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.