Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #1173
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Making some progress on the new miter saw setup

Got the hood put together and the cabinet/drawers built. Hinges should be here shortly to mount doors then I'll trim the top out with some curly maple and put a hardboard top on it to make it slide smoother. I'll use MDF for my feed tables on either side as MDF gives the flattest profile.

That 12" slider w/ a 60 degree cut needs a wiiiiiiiide hood to not interrupt the range, so I'll create a couple of sliding doors to close the face when I'm making a straight cut so I can keep the suction up. I ran a new trunk over to that side of the shop so my 2-stage collection system has plenty of oomph for the job, but I can't have that wide an opening without wasting a lot of suction.

Once I get the Kreg stop system mounted to a couple of fences and get those installed, that table is going to be incredibly functional and by having 2 vents cut into that hood, I'll get pretty great dust containment. Awfully excited about how much that will help workflow.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote