Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #489
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
So I just began watching this. So far I like it. Though it's not really Star Wars. It doesn't feel like SW much at all. It reminds me most of a western. In particular this old black-and-white western (I think, we only had a B/W TV until I was 9 or so) where this gunslinger discovered a baby and spent the rest of the movie trying to find a nice family to give the child to, and in the process came to love the kid.

But it's pretty good regardless. At least thru episode 4.
You're thinking of Ford's film '3 Godfathers'. It was one of my stepfather's favorite films. I've seen it at least a dozen times in my 35 years. My stepfather loved Westerns. All Westerns. He read every Louis L'Amour book multiple times. So I grew up watching Westerns endlessly. It's ok though, I made him watch Godzilla with me.

Slightly more off-topic, but my stepfather and stepbrother liked to bring up a random western they never knew the name of and could never find. They were watching a western one night that started out pretty decent then suddenly dinosaurs appeared and all hell broke loose. I recently found a copy of The Valley of Gwangi (1969) but unfortunately, both have already passed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
No they ****ing weren't.

Han is a ****ing outer space cowboy.

The entire cantina scene is like an homage to saloon scenes in westerns.
Cool, man. You're absolutely right, that scene is probably based off of countless westerns. The Hidden Fortress has a similar scene as well, but that was most likely based on some early Ford Westerns.
bowener has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote