View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 07:09 PM   #4602
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghak99 View Post
There's one that's not too far away, but it's twice the haul, 1/3 more expensive, and would require adding water back into the ration. The ethanol plants have just spoiled us and it would be a terrible time to try to pencil in the extra input costs.

Gas is below $1 in several places here, so who knows how long the local plant will hold out. If it gets real ugly, I guess I could try roasting some of our own beans. Never even seen it done though, so I'm sure it'd be a disaster.
Heh. Take video. I’d be interested to see if it worked.

RE: margins. I feel you. Mine are ass but nothing like bloodbath you cow guys are taking. Dads got a field next to this little feedyard this guy runs. 1000 head or something. Anyway I roll in there with my sprayer and see this cow by the chute. So I call him and make sure he knows and I’m not going to spook her to hell and gone. He answers and I ask how he’s doing. His response is: “well, the markets are closed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
With negative oil prices, I've settled on a new career path. I'm going to buy the biggest gas-guzzling RV that I can find, and I'll make a fortune driving around the country.

If I drive 55 miles per hour and get 5 miles to the gallon, then every hour on the road will consume 11 gallons of oil and give me $410 in income. I'll drive 40 hours a week and gross $16,000.
June futures are still 20.43. Fairly certain you won’t be selling the opportunity to offload physical oil.

Last edited by Buehler445; 04-20-2020 at 07:15 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.