Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #359
Supporter

My hives are looking strong and I was going to do some splits....but we had snow...Friggin snow...probably freeze off all the fruit tree blossoms and other flowers and set things back.

It's supposed to warm up this weekend so I'll try to make 2 splits and flip my hive boxes around. For those that don't know, you swap the top and bottom boxes so they'll use the empty food comb to lay eggs in the bottom box.

I checked a couple of trees at a cemetery and they are full. One should be an easy cut out the other might be tougher and I might try a trap out. Those bees were a little aggressive and I had 3-4 fly into my hoodie and got me on the back of the neck.

Total stings for the year 1+3/4...that's up for the year and probably my fault because I'm trying to be a little more brave and use less cover this year.

I'm also planning to work up the swarm traps and get them out to some new locations this year.

If you're interested in reading I'll keep doing this thread another year, and I do enjoy seeing what you other guys are doing with your bees.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote