Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #2036
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
The latest episode was great but I did think it was weird when My Name is Slim Shady or whatever the F that song was played. Odd choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
You are referencing a remake. They played the original on BCS.
It's not a "remake", it's the original song, which was released in 1974 by an English artist named Labi Siffre called "I Got The...". Eminem sampled the song for use in Slim Shady but not after he was forced to make changes to they lyrics. I was a Director at his Publishing Company at the time and know all the back info.

Anyway, I thought it was a brilliant choice by the Music Supervisor, Thomas Golubić, because for some (including myself), it invokes the Slim Shady lyric without actually using it.

And even more importantly, it invokes Jimmy/Saul's dire situation. Is he Jimmy or is he Saul? Jimmy most likely wouldn't be in the desert, hanging on for dear life while transporting $7 million in cash in the Mexican desert. But Saul?

Clearly, that's a yes for Saul.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.