View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #608
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
She's him......that's where the problem lies. According to his parents, as a teen he was a flaming ass. Did a ton of drugs, drank all the time..now she doesn't do that, but he finished high school which I question if she'll do. At 1 point they had him put into a medical living facility because of his issues.

But she has all of his attitude problems, dude is basically constantly high and if he's not he's a flaming dick you can't deal with. He doesn't hold jobs, lives at home in his 40s. He doesn't view her as having issues because she's him....
Ouch, that sucks. I feel your pain. I've had custody of three of my grandkids for the last 1 1/2 years. They finally moved back in with their mom about 2 months ago. You step D sounds exactly like my 12 yr old grand D. Same shitty attitude, same problems with her tablet, and the rest of what you described. I had her in therapy too.
The therapy seemed to help a little but what worked best for me.....I was a brick wall when it came to her behavior. Don't be disrespectful, don't argue, do what you're told and so on. When she stepped over the line even by just a hair I came down hard. Homework not done, shitty grades, be disrespectful, etc. she would be grounded to her room, sometimes to her bed, lose her electronics, along with many other things. It was exhausting because I wouldn't let her pull that shit at all The second she did...BOOM, down came the hammer. After a few months she came around. I still had problems with her but it wasn't much more than I expected from a girl her age.

That's how I dealt with all of it anyways.

The shitty thing about all of it....., two months after she moved back home with her mother....she's gone back to acting like she did before.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.