Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 12:03 PM   #2017
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Kim isn’t going to die, Saul’s attitude in BB doesn’t lend itself to the death of someone so close.
That's where I am too... it would definitely make BCS' story more powerful, but that would come at the expense of BB, I think.

Why would Jimmy want anything to do with the Cartel AND openly defy Gus and Mike at multiple points in BB (the latter is the one point that is already a bit tough for me to overlook in S3 and S4 of Breaking Bad - seriously, why would Saul trust such loose cannons in WW and JP over Mike and Gus with what we've seen from BCS at this point? Hopefully S6 can clarify this a bit).

If Kim dies, that would emotionally rock Jimmy and even if you're looking at him through the lens of self-preservation, I don't know why he'd have any interest in getting back into that world in BB. It just goes against so much of Saul's motives (focusing on self-preservation above all) that we've seen in BCS and BB.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 04-08-2020 at 02:31 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.