Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #459
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’d agree.

I remember doing a case study on Disney right about the time he was hired. Disney was performing really badly and I thought to myself, how do you un**** this? Shitcanning your CEO and hiring this Bob Iger fella probably ain’t it.

15 years later.... LOL
It's really extraordinary.

During my five years at Universal, it was owned chronologically by Panasonic and Seagram's (Vivendi's acquisition occurred after I'd left). Outside of publishing and Geffen records, the music and film divisions were garbage. They brought in new CEO's with every purchase and were never able to turn it around, let alone, rival Disney under Iger.

MCA/Universal was known to everyone that ever worked in the business, whether on the business or creative side, as Music Cemetery of America, which why the name was changed in 1996 to Universal.

I was at Paramount for nearly a decade and it was worse. I can't even count the number of people that ran Paramount/Viacom/CBS during that time and Paramount was constantly struggling. If not for the Titanic movie, which was a joint venture between Paramount & Sony, Paramount might be out of business today (although they're barely in it today).

The bottom line is that we may never see another Bob Iger in the entertainment world for decades, if ever again.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.