View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 06:29 AM   #17586
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
I normally support the media as a critical watchdog. But I agree in this event too many have reached for the edge of the confidence interval as the worst case. I've seen it in my own community where the curve has clearly flattened and the projections have plummeted, but the headlines make no mention of this and even still talk about rationing care.

CNN has been abysmal, seeking to score political points at every turn. You could read the headlines in the NYT this morning and believe we are Italy in early March.
Good news on the improving data is grudgingly acknowledged, if at all. Distancing has clearly been effective and that should be the headline.
I have been watching Canadian news and our news outlets are pretty homogeneous across all channels we don’t have the same extremism up here and we don’t have prime time “ entertainment “ “opinion” based news.

Our news is pretty boring but mostly just facts without additional commentary and would not call it fear mongering and the information coming from them is not ****ing good it’s bad on all the channels . I think you guys need to stop seeing things in black or white extremes because it is starting to mess with your minds. Now is it as bad as some channels in the US are making it out now but the channels who are downplaying it are not helping either.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.