View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 12:26 AM   #15966
Veteran

Thing I don't understand is this. So we shut everything down and social distance and everything but they are saying they aren't getting a vaccine likely until middle next year. So what we're all locked down till then? I'm staying home following the rules but I'm furloughed and know at least 5 people who have lost their jobs entirely. Including both my parents who don't know what they will do. I don't know or know of 1 person who's gotten it let alone died from it but I know the economic fall out has already taken it's toll and it's going to get worse.

Also at this point besides bars and concerts, sporting events etc. Most things are still open people are still going out there and you could argue stores are one the dirtiest places you could be right now since all of the population goes through them.

I mean at some point you have to let everyone go back to work otherwise you risk economic destruction to the point where recovering is very difficult and people lose everything and a lot of those people may have never gotten sick or recovered in the first place to save a few (by few i mean relative to the entire population). We're talking another great depression and what's worse people will still get sick on top of that.

Look I get it but until they get a vaccine they can't let everyone go back to work with out risking the spread ramping up again and it will happen if they re open with out one. We need to get back to work at some point, sure let's all buy some time for a few weeks but there needs to be a deadline, ok we did what we could, we bought some time but we also need to ensure we can survive this economically.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.