View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 07:35 PM   #4401
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
In this case, I don't any raw fear of flying....once things are copasetic, I expect everything to return to normal. People are clamoring to get out, and once it's announced it's OK to travel, people will do so. The fear factor is minute in this situation (this is all my opinion, right or wrong)
Here's how I'd think about it:

There is no denying that the economic cost of the shutdown is devastating and almost certainly magnitudes moreso than the health-related costs of the virus itself. In a simplistic world, if there were no economic cost to the shutdown, one would assume the authorities would keep things on lockdown until they had fully stamped out the virus or developed a vaccine which no doubt would take over a year. So, if and when restrictions are eventually lifted and things are deemed 'copacetic' in the next several months, one can pretty logically conclude that it's not because there's an all-clear on the virus itself. But rather, the cost/benefit of keeping the economy shut down versus the risks of the virus have become slightly more balanced. But for people like myself who have a wife with a weak immune system, a newborn, and a mother with severe respiratory issues, am I going to resume my normal day-to-day interactions with others? Not a chance. Are there going to be lingering waves of re-infections? Absolutely. Is this going to act as an overhang on our economy? For sure.

I 100% agree that when the restrictions are lifted a lot of people will want to get out and resume their normal life, but I think that will at best come in bits and pieces. And airline travel is about the last thing that they're going to want to do at that point.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.