View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 06:13 PM   #15810
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
Was sitting in my car out in front of a store today watching folks coming out of the store with groceries. So many people wearing masks and gloves but 100% incorrectly. Mask and gloves give untrained people false confidence and they do stupid things. One lady was handling her cart, got to her car and opened all the doors (with her tainted gloves on), proceeded to unload all her groceries while occasionally shifting her purse that was hanging on her shoulder (contaminating her purse and hair and shirt with dirty gloves). She then decided to just put her purse away on drivers seat but not before digging around inside her purse looking for something (with her dirty gloves on) and then proceeded to walk her cart to the cart rack. Walking back to her car she incorrectly removed her tainted gloves and put them in her jeans pocket, opened her car door that she had already opened and closed with her gloves on and then dug her keys out of her purse and started car. She then removed her facemask, with her bare hands but they are likely contaminated by now anyway so it doesnt matter anymore, sets mask down on dashboard right in front of her face and starts driving away. Right on cue as she is driving past me, she wipes her nose with her thumb and index finger. This exact scenario was happening with a half dozen folks all around me at the same time.

Gloves and masks dont do shit if you use them incorrectly folks...
I don't feel like gloves are very important. For some of the reasons you say above. You are still touching things with gloves. Honestly it's better to use cloth or part of your long sleeve shirt that you don't touch very often when you do touch a door knob, a cart, etc. The virus doesn't stay on clothing or cloth near as long as hard surfaces. Nonetheless, just don't touch your face with parts of your body that you touch things with. If you do touch your face, use the back of your hand, above your wrist, inside of your shoulder, etc.

But as far as masks. They absolutely help since 80%+ new infections are caused by air droplets from being close to people talking, yelling or breathing. Even if you are wearing a scarf you limiting the spread of your droplets by far and even a less chance of being hit by SOME droplets.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.