View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #14808
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
I think it is totally fair if people believe that the Chinese hid the scale and reality of this for as long as they did and that led to the problem being worse than it should have been. You can go back and read stories from December about something being loose but the Chinese authorities saying affirmatively that it wasn’t spreading person to person.

If it was the Germans who did the same thing then it would be fair to be upset at the Germans.

At some point someone is going to try to hold the Chinese government accountable. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I saw someone that said "hey, y'know all that US debt that the Chinese hold? Tell 'em to **** themselves...."

I mean, I know in my heart of hearts that this is wildly simplistic and ultimately not a real answer for a variety of reasons. I mean, the major reason being that we had ostensibly told them to go **** themselves WELL before this. If China decided to call all their notes due, we'd have just told 'em "nah, you can come take it..."

But still - it's a cathartic thought.

Ultimately China had better tread real lightly for the foreseeable future. It wouldn't take much of a catalyst for the whole world to simultaneously decide that a regime change is in order. At this point even Russia wouldn't bother stepping in the middle.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.