View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #14666
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, there are a lot of people upset at Parson for not issuing one - but to what purpose?

Are there any counties in Missouri that are showing significant spread that haven't issued a county-wide lockdown order? I'm not aware of any.

And none of these statewide lockdown orders prevent you from crossing county-lines anyway because they're unenforceable. Nor are they going to be enforced by the highway patrol.

They'll be an order issued by the state and ultimately enforced (or not enforced) by the local police. In other words - they'll be almost entirely redundant at this point. They aren't going to do anything more than a lock-down order from county would do.

I dunno if Florida's different - perhaps their counties have addressed it differently. But I do think it's odd how quickly local leadership is pointing uphill (and then how quickly state leadership does the same) when in the end the MOST effective responses are going to be done on a county by county level. They'll have the best feel for how necessary they are, how broad they should be and how capable they are of being enforced.

Lots of people looking to point fingers for actions not taken that would've had little practical impact anyway.
We don't know where there is significant spread, we aren't testing nearly enough. You can't know what you're looking for if you aren't looking.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote