View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 11:29 AM   #14648
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I think it's just an issue with people believing something could be true that's so unprecedented. If you read back in the first couple thousand posts in this thread, we had plenty of people (myself included, to some extent) who basically felt like this was just gonna be a bad flu season or another SARS 1.0. It was just incomprehensible that we'd literally have to shut down society for this.

Hell, my brother in law was adamant a week ago that this was all still way overblown. Unfortunately for him, he's a mechanic for the Denver FD, and they just had 9 guys test positive...
Yeah, cognitive dissonance can be rough.

And part of it is probably some feeling of crying wolf in the past. We've been told for a decade or more that X, Y or Z is going to kill tens of thousands of us. And a lot of that has reached fever pitch over the last few years.

It probably did a lot to close people down out of the box.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.