View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 04:33 PM   #1500
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You do realize that if you don’t overpay for Sammy and Clark, you probably don’t have a SB this year and waste 3 years (and probably more) of having Mahomes on a rookie deal?

I love you bud, but this is an awful take. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
I've never bitched about Watkins in the two years he's been here. And my "bitching" about him now is to let the guy go. If not for the team's sake, then for his sake. Veach has got him by the balls in this matter. He either extends and restructures the way the team wants, or he gets cut and has to move to yet another new team and do it for a contract that would be much less than what he could have had if he had been a FA a month earlier.

And as far as Clark is concerned, we can agree to disagree. He's a fine player and he made contributions to our Super Bowl championship. I just happen to believe the Chiefs could have done it without him. And nothing against Clark, but it's kind of upsetting that Chris Jones is going to get dicked by this franchise but Clark is the one who's going to stay around even though he's not as good of a player as Jones.

I'd also just like to point out a cautionary tale of the 2015 Royals. Flags fly forever. We all witnessed it. It was magical and incredible when it happened. And when it was over, we had to figure out the most likely way to get the team back into the MLB playoffs and hopefully recapture a magical run. The team extended the true hometown hero, who saved Game 1 of the World Series. He even gave them a hometown discount of sorts. And that contract was definitely a part of the Royals missing out on one last run in 2016. I'm not blaming it for the collapse-- the Royals were always going to collapse, because that's how small market teams go in MLB. But the more we dug in our heels to preserve the past, the less likely we were to replicate it.

And I don't want to see the same happen to these Chiefs. Mahomes is always going to give us the chance to go on a Super Bowl run as long as we're smart and stop doing so many "win right now!" things in the offseason. It was important to get to this point, but now is not the time to hang on to Alex Gordons. We don't need Alex Gordons to win the Super Bowl next year.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote