View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 05:58 AM   #1341
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
He's not the most overrated player on this team. You want an ACTUAL overrated player to talk about? How about Rashad Fenton?

I've got absolutely nothing against the guy. I'm not saying we should cut him. I'm not saying he sucks. Hell, if Spags, Madison, and Reid have plans for him to start on the outside this year, I'm down with that and I trust their judgment. But we as fans don't know anything about him other than what we draw from a small sample size. The guy looked average and so-so in college-- about the only thing that jumped off the screen was his effort and tenacity. That's what fans took him to be for his entire Chiefs career up until he was forced into seeing defensive snaps due to injuries in the secondary. Many of the fans even said he should be cut at the end of training camp, preferring to instead keep Mark Fields (attitude problems and all) or Will Redmond or some other jackass.

He's played well. He's played very well, in fact. You know what we haven't seen him do yet, though? Play as an outside corner. Charvarius Ward at least started a couple games for us in 2018 prior to working through and winning the job prior to the 2019 season. Fenton hasn't done that yet, or at least he hasn't had the chance.

And there's nothing wrong with that. He's young. He'll get his chances. That's how the NFL works. But until he does get those chances, don't assume he's going to be that thing when he hasn't demonstrated shit yet.

Everybody this offseason is sucking his dick. People are calling him a stud. People are saying we'll be fine at CB letting Breeland go, because as long as we draft somebody in the high rounds, we'll still have Ward, Fenton, and that rookie.

Now THAT'S overrating a player. Nobody here is overrating Breeland, dude. We're calling him a starting CB that would be nice to have back as long as we don't overpay. Nobody has called him anything more than that. Why you interpret that as "overrating" I have no ****ing clue. But you're wrong.
I agree with this.

It's part of why I'd really, really prefer to go CB in round one. It's the third most expensive position typically; and that 5th year of control may be important down the road. Ward and Fenton, while being encouraging, were UDFA and very late picks. It'd be good to have a blue-chipper prospect in there along with one steady veteran. Of course, picking #32, you kind of have to play the cards as they lay, but just stating my preference before the fact.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.