View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #11652
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY View Post
Congratulations you got it.

To me this is pretty simple shit. We are already spending a ton of money to ride this out. You simply can't take out the pack for 1% of the population. My guess is the numbers in the end are going to be significantly less than that, WAY less. Even if I had to die being I am in the at risk category I would rather have that than plunge our country into a great depression. We need to get set as good as we reasonably can and get back to work ASAP.
It's all about balance. If, years from now, we look back at this and see that the CFR was around 0.5%, some people will say that the response was a complete overreaction. The issue is that Italy has shown us that the CFR spikes when the healthcare system is overloaded, so doing nothing would also cause that number to skyrocket.

As for "getting back to work," the reality is that that alone isn't going to save the economy. People aren't going to keep productivity up if their grandparents are dying or when our ice hockey rinks are being used as morgues.

All I know is that all the experts in this have essentially agreed that the only way to deal with this thing is to lock everything down and that not doing so would be catastrophic.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.