View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #10976
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I agree that we can't be myopic in our viewpoint and I share most, if not all, of your sentiments. These are all bad choices, the debate exists in degree.

My fear is that we end up with a half-assed measure that combines the economic destruction of a shutdown with the human destruction of near-unchecked spread because we couldn't commit to a decision for a sustainable period of time.
And the flipside is that we come down too hard, don't get any kind of meaningful spread that allows people to recover and go back to work, and the timeline for this drags on indefinitely to little real public health benefit other than holding the water back for as long as possible. Which will still serve to drown everyone if/when the dam breaks.

I agree that everything involved in this conversation is a discussion of bad choices. But my point is that too many people are plugging their ears to an entire set of outcomes because they're more concerned by the other set. That's just not a viable method of making decisions.

It's impossible to find a balance if your thumb is on the scale.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote