View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 06:53 PM   #926
Veteran

Really hoping that Chris Jones is traded. As much as I loved the player on and off the field, it brushes me off the wrong way that he is playing hardball for that massive contract. I am all for paying him a nice 19M, maybe even 20M per season, he deserves it but if he is to play hardball and not accept anything less than 21M-22M I say no thanks.

There is countless examples of teams, including the Chiefs, handing out those massive contracts and coming out on the short end.

I'm a Chiefs fan first and foremost and I know that handing out any massive contract means saying goodbye to other players I would have liked to keep or putting the team in a bad position cap wise down the road.

Look at Mitchell Schwartz. A guy who seems to be intelligent. So consistent, never injured, etc. He doesn't have a massive contract, granted at a lesser position, and Veach had no trouble extending him a year more. That's what I like.

Last edited by Buckweath; 03-21-2020 at 06:59 PM..
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.