View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #8128
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Yes. I've been eating "out" so as to not kill my food stash at home.

Learn to work the value menus.

You can save a lot of $$$ eating fast food if you know how to game it. For exmaple:

A Panda Express 3-Item plate can feed 3 people, even though a lot of people will eat that all by themselves. That's a meal for less than $10. Here's how:

1. A 3-Item plate costs LESS than a Large Entree, and you get a side with it (i.e Chow Mein). So if you plan on using their prepared meat, it's actually better if you purchase the combo. You get the same amount of meat.

2. Just cook your rice at home. For my family of 3, all we need is 1 cup of rice.

Divide up the Chow Mein and the rice into 3rd (if you're 3) and each person also gets a serving of meat.

Your home made rice + Chow Mein + Meat Entree = 1 "Panda Bowl" (or 1-item plate).

The difference in cost however is $24 vs $10.

A lot of these places can be had like that as they often give you TOO much.
We have been purchasing takeout, and gift cards for various businesses. They may not be servicing people now, but purchasing a gift card can give them much needed cash in this tough time, and I can later redeem for services.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.