View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #214
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Why didn't they do that a week ago? The big stores absolutely knew what was happening and could have stopped it fairly quickly.
No one knew how things were going to pan out until it looked like it was really going to be worse or bad. Information and policy has been changing regularly.
Now there might be a full two-week shut-down. That means folks need enough for two weeks but some think a couple of months and there are different size families. There's conflicting information as well. I read the regs were loosened on truck drivers to allow them to drive more or for longer, yet I overhear Costco saying their truck did not arrive for PTs. Then a man claiming the truck drivers are not driving because of the virus so supply chains are not being affected inside the country. They now post a sign out front as to what they no longer have in-stock. I was at Michael's this morning, which is next to my Costco and already the line from the day before outside has 4X'd. Cashier at Publix tells me people are in line at 7 AM every day now. But there are definitely shortages and that freaks people out to get as much as they can. The stores like like supermarkets in the former Soviet Union.

I saw the change over a two week period, just doing my normal Costco run. Two weeks and a few days ago, I couldn't understand why Costco was a virtual traffic jam inside until I did my next round and people were lined up outside waiting to get in.

Last edited by BucEyedPea; 03-18-2020 at 12:17 PM..
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.