View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 01:42 PM   #4844
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
It is my opinion that film releases will never be the same. The studios that I've worked for (WB, Fox, Disney, MGM) have been expecting this for a decade at least and I think this will hasten it.

I like seeing movies in theaters but streaming services will just charge more for new releases and not try to drive the public into theaters.
Universal is jumping into the Premium SVOD, with the Trolls sequel being released in April via Amazon, VUDU and Movies Anywhere for rental or purchase on the same day as the wide release:

NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell said in a statement: “Universal Pictures has a broad and diverse range of movies with 2020 being no exception. Rather than delaying these films or releasing them into a challenged distribution landscape, we wanted to provide an option for people to view these titles in the home that is both accessible and affordable. We hope and believe that people will still go to the movies in theaters where available, but we understand that for people in different areas of the world that is increasingly becoming less possible.”
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote