View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 05:26 PM   #142
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
Wait, what? 5 percent, or 2 percent even is terrible. 16 million, or 6 million. Think about one of twenty people you know being dead from this. The annual death rate from all causes is less than 1 percent. 5x that is catastrophic.

We can hope it's well below 1 percent.
I was only referring to the math; you have more than a 95% chance of surviving the thing even if you catch it. If you're under 40, you have even better odds, something like 98.5% of being just fine. I just used 5% because I've been hearing and reading death rates that are inconsistent; anything from less to 1%, to as much as 6%.

And I'm over 50, and I used to smoke almost a pack-a-day for almost three decades. Reduced down to about a pack a week a couple years ago, but my lungs are damaged, no question. So that one in twenty you're talking about? That's probably me.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.