View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 AM   #282
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
Epic SABR takedown of Eric Hosmer by Dan Symborski:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-padr...-base-problem/

Essentially he was negative WAR value his two years. The only player in the last 35 years of data who had two awful years and got a 3rd year as a FT regular, Roger Cedeno, lost his job afterwards.

It’s a series of stats, but boy is that contract a Pujols-level albatross. ZiPS now predicts his next 6 years will be worth 1.8 wins. TOTAL.
Thank God the Padres saved DM and us from making that mistake. I doubt it would have gotten him fired and even if it did I don't think him getting canned would be worth the burden that a shit contract like that would have put on us. Hell, Ian Kennedy and Alex Gordon's contracts combined aren't anywhere close to as bad as Hosmer's. Talk about a guy that got paid and said "**** it, let's see if I can dig a hole to China by pounding the ball into the ground!".
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.