Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #309
oxymoron

I'm about to commit blasphemy. After 2.5 years of hearing how awful discovery is, I finally started watching season 1 on Saturday. And now I can't stop. I'm not sure what the collective beef is, but it hasn't been anything like what I expected (i.e. the worst trek show ever).

I love the premise, I love the characters, I love the storyline (through episode 11, at least...). I don't love the Klingons but I can let that go. Yeah, canon issues with tech and so on, but that happens when you're shooting a show in 2016 based on something from the 1960s.

I was expecting this super preachy social justice show that was really pretty but empty under the surface, but what I've seen is a dark, mature take on star trek with a pretty damned compelling story.

I like it more than Picard, so far.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.