View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #226
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady View Post
I hate Trump as a person. I wouldn't let my daughter date him, marry him, or just have random sex with him. He's a lousy human being, insecure, and a grotesque bully.

That said, I agree with many things the administration has attempted to do in policies, like stronger immigration rules, handling of refugees (outside of caging children. Yes, I know Obama did it too, but I didn't know he did it or I would have been very angry at him as well), NAFTA negotiations and the like.

So that makes me unpopular in both left and right circles...
Aside from the myriad other formulations of liberal -v- conservative perspectives that get muddled around social discourse, the current era highlights another axis of differentiation.

Whether you tend to process through emotion or through idea. And I don't mean to ascribe any value judgments on either.

For some, ideological aims are secondary to emotional calm. The decisions on government policy aren't quite as important as a feeling of comfort and belonging and shared values.

And for others, emotional comfort is secondary to ideological coherence. Our government leaders may be the most loyal trustworthy, brave, clean and reverent among us, but it doesn't matter if they are proposing and enacting wrongheaded policy.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.