Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #292
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
The author of that trilogy is David Mack. I believe he is a consultant for the new Trek shows. He is the same dude who came up with the idea of Control.

The first book in that trilogy is pretty good. Not too crazy about the follow-ups. They all (sorta) spring from a novel called Immortal Coil by Jeffrey Lang. It's very "small universe" but entertaining.

Edit: the writers definitely know about the novels because they are using some stuff from the old Diane Duane Romulan books too. Specifically the fact that they have secret names.

I never got into any of the books at all. I have a collection of favorite sci-fi writers that I have stuck to over the decades and I get all pissy when I come across a writer that doesn't measure up to them in my mind, the flow is just off in my head and I can't enjoy it. To the point that even if it's a good story or idea that interests me I just get too frustrated and put the book back down. So, I'm sure I've missed out on some good stuff over the years. Thanks for tying that in. I had no idea.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.