View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 06:41 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Why you cutting our only competent linebacker in Wilson?

No thanks to that.

Don't think you're getting Schobert for anything near 7m per.

I wouldn't touch Gladney in the first. The 2nd maybe.

Other than that I like the draft scenario and other moves even if I don't think Akers is there at 96.
Wilson's ok but not a stand-out and I needed to find some cap room. Lee's gone anyway. Hitch we're married to for at least one more season cap-wise. I figured I'd rather make a change than stand pat as it's an area of weakness. If I keep Wilson, I can't go get an upgrade in FA; if I DO, then I can't go get Glasgow. So I drafted two replacements and filled one spot with Schobert. Both draftees are described as smart, versatile, high motor, max effort, aggressive, and have good measurables.

I based contracts on estimates I found hunting around on the 'net, and if I couldn't find one, I guessed by a comp. If I keep Wilson, I skip Shobert, and just draft the two kids I guess. I just like Shobert's cover skills and since RB's kill us in the flats he'd be a net upgrade. Can't keep everyone we'd like to.

Gladney in every mock I run (and I've been running one pretty much every morning as I mainline my first cup of coffee) goes right there at the end of the first/top of the second, no matter who's board I use and on two different sites. I've only read the scouting report, not seen him play, so you may be right, but that's where he's slotted to go and in this mock, he was the best CB available and within a couple spots BAA. I'd noticed that the CB's all go quick and are gone mostly by the time we'd pick in the 2nd.

Akers is there at that spot in most mocks I run; the RB's in general seem to come off later than a lot of people think. I think maybe that's because as most teams are spreading the ball out and throwing it, the 'old school' running teams kind of already have their bellcow. or the mocks could just be wrong. Akers I just like his skill-set. He's like a more talented Damien Wilson. Should have a high floor and possible star ceiling.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.