View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 05:49 PM   #1971
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Saw on the video in another thread.

Mahomes 8-0 after a 4 td game

Mahomes 3-4 against BB coaching tree.

Looks like he’ll be evening out after this one.
I have a beef with calling Vrabel a part of the Belichick coaching tree. I'm not calling you out, Coochie, because I saw that stat quoted on GMFB. I know it's being put out there, but I think it's fake news. It's a shitty stat. Vrabel is NOT a part of the Belichick tree.

Vrabel's only direct connection to Belichick was as a player, not a coach. Well, if that's the case, then can't you make the argument that Kliff Kingsbury belongs on the Belichick coaching tree? I don't see anybody doing that.

In fact, Vrabel has said many times that he was bitter about the way Belichick tossed him out the door in the Cassel trade. It was almost like Belichick said, "And if you call in the next 10 minutes, we'll throw in Mike Vrabel absolutely free!" just to sweeten the pot. If you despise the people you worked with, are you a part of that tree?

He was surrounded by Belichick disciples in Houston through Bill O'Brien, but that doesn't mean he's from the Belichick tree.

Same coaching family is good enough? That's the only other argument I can think of. Problem there is many guys work under multiple head coaches over a career. Are we double-dipping now? Or do we have to run a 23 and me on a guy's goddamn coaching heritage? Like, John Harbaugh is firmly a part of the Andy Reid coaching tree. Philadelphia Andy Reid is the only NFL head coach he has known to work under. But John Harbaugh has had the following assistants in his time as a head coach:

Rex Ryan
Hue Jackson
Chuck Pagano
Jim Caldwell
Gary Kubiak
Mike Pettine
Vic Fangio

Strong heritage connection or not, it just doesn't work to go back two generations and claim those guys under Andy Reid. You MIGHT have an argument for some of them under the John Harbaugh tree, but that's it.

We need more clarification on this!
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote