View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 01:44 PM   #1619
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBRAVE View Post
like I said, this season is a tell of two tales for this team

we are pretty stingy in the RZ

ignore it if you want, but dont be shocked when we win
When does the second tale begin? Are you just talking about the Baltimore and New England games?

They had a great gameplan against the Ravens and executed it well. The Titans' run defense strength matches up well against the Ravens and kept them from turning drives into points. They deserve props for that; matchup also plays a part there.

The Patriots are one of the worst red zone offenses in the NFL this year. Not much props deserved there. Again, the matchup helps the Titans here.

Anyway, I went back and looked at all of your games since Tannehill became the full-time starter. In those 12 games (including playoffs), the Titans gave up TDs on 63 percent of red zone drives. For the year, the Titans gave up TDs on 63 percent of red zone drives (good for 28th in the NFL and second-worst among playoff teams).

But teams that can throw the ball effectively have shredded the Titans in the red zone: Indy, New Orleans, Kansas City and Houston - 5 games featuring good QB play - scored red zone TDs 71 percent of the time.

The last 3 regular season games the Titans played were against the Texans (trying), Saints, and Texans again (not trying). Those 3 teams went 8/11 on red zone possessions for TDs.

So again: When does this second tale of the Titans becoming stingy in the red zone supposedly begin? Because it sure doesn't look like it's written.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote