View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 09:11 AM   #26202
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Every Monday after a win I just get people to bring me mindless busy work to do so I can ingest as much Chiefs content as possible. I had that up when it was going on and I gotta say, that little clip from McAfee was outstanding.

When he points out that a lot of fake punts get called/killed, it really gave a new level of understanding on some of those plays. For instance, I'm killing Winchester for the gack job against NE like "Well what the **** man? Why didn't you know they called a fake?"

Okay - well maybe they have called for a fake punt 6 times this year and killed every one of them. And maybe he thought he heard a kill on that call (or maybe he was partially responsible for the read that would've given it).

And if anyone's gonna know that, it'll be McAfee.

Just a really good guest to have on there and it kinda lets Bill O'Brien off the hook a little. If that was a 'go with it if it's there' call, it's completely defensible. Hell, I think it was defensible anyway. But as Reid is surveying the field he HAS to see Sorensen spying him. If so, how can he not have killed out of that play? At that point, blaming BoB for the blown fake punt isn't terribly dissimilar to blaming Andy for the drops early in the game.

When your players **** up, they **** up. They clearly should've checked out of that fake and didn't. It was a ballsy play with an escape hatch for the Texans and there's very little BoB can do when his players simply vapor-lock.
Good take.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.