View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 08:53 AM   #251
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdsMckenzie View Post
I'm not trying to argue anything really. I'm just counteracting some of the comments being made. Titans playing on the road isn't a real talking point. Tannehill not having to throw last two games isn't a real talking point. But that's what some people are basing the game on. I didn't think Titans would beat Patriots or Ravens because just thought they were inferior. They did though and they did it on road. I agree context matters. Someone called Lamar Jackson a running back... The guy there 36 tds. People are saying Tannehill sucks as he finished top 10 all-time for passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt. I'm reading comments saying two of the best QBs in the NFL are nobody.
"counteracting some of the comments being made . . ." is essentially trying to develop an argument. A case. But that's semantics . . .

I wouldn't describe Tannehill as a "nobody." I think it's more accurate to describe him as "limited." He doesn't seem to possess elite arm strength or talent. He pre-snap reads are only correct about half the time. He often doesn't find the open receiver when blitzed/pressured.

But he's tough, mobile, a tough tackle, and isn't scared to pull the trigger in any moment. Whoever is running the TEN offense seems to be getting about as much efficiency out of Tannehill as he can, but as we saw in the Patriots game, put him consistently in 3rd-and-long situations, and Tannehill has trouble converting for 1st downs. Part of that might've been the lack of elite weapons available, or maybe inconsistent play-calling, or even variable play design quality. Or maybe a combination of all of the above.

Regardless, Tannehill had a lot of trouble converting 3rd downs with his arm against the Patriots. And some trouble again against the Ravens, if we can use the "50% of possessions resulting in a score" statistic as a ruler.

Lamar has some of the same limitation issues as a passer. He doesn't possess elite level accuracy. His pre-snap reads are driven entirely on what his pre-snap motion tells him. And he's wrong often. He doesn't have elite talent at receiver. He doesn't have much ability to manipulate defenses in-play with either his eyes or his body yet. And he doesn't throw with very much anticipation. Consequently, GR has designed a passing attack that is predicated on getting to 3rd and short, using motion to overload one side, and short throws on one read designs.

Force him to sit in the pocket and read a defense and he has trouble. At least right now.

Overall, I think that Tannehill is a better, or more well-rounded QB than Lamar, but that's obvious; Tannehill has more than a decade more experience in the NFl to work with.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.