Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #349
Bewegungsfreiheit fur alles

Happy New Year, beeks!!

I hope everyone's hives are wintering well. Maybe you got to take a look during this warm stretch we recently had (it was warm in NW MO by end of Dec standards) like I did.
I put feed boxes on the 2 hives I took honey from. They each drank about a gallon in three days.
It was 67 here on Christmas day and all off the hives had bees flying. I didn't see any pollen being brought back, so those were most likely cleansing flights. There isn't much blooming this time of year.
We just got 1.5" of needed rain, and temps are staying warm for the next few days. We've yet to see this brutal winter I heard we we're gonna have, but I wouldn't mind seeing some cooler temps for Jan.

May the new year bring everybody healthy hives, tons of flowers, and a great nectar flow!
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote