View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #26089
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Bill Polian is a HOF GM. He never "discovered" a QB.

Jim Kelly was already drafted by Buffalo and seasoned in the USFL when Polian took over. Polian did convince Kelly to finally join Buffalo (Did Kelly have a choice?).

He drafted Peyton Manning over Ryan Leaf with 1st overall pick. Good but most GMs would have. Manning had that pedigree.

And he drafted Kerry Collins with a top pick in Carolina.

I think Polians issue with QBs recently is that the ideas for scouting QBs 30 years ago don't work so well now.

I think a lot of NFL evaluators have that issue. They have seen QBs inside this specific little box for years, and the game has changed. If you’re innovative enough, you can make a lot of different types of QBs work and develop a lot of guys.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.