View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 05:30 PM   #178
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Rogue One and Solo were both awesome. Both better than Force Awakens and exponentially better than Last Jedi.

IMO Solo captured the fun, swashbuckling feel of the original more than any of the other movies.
Solo most definitely captured that aspect of the original Star Wars movie (I still have difficulty calling it "A New Hope" because it was Star Wars for years before it was changed to Episode 4: A New Hope). It's a great film from top to bottom: Casting, acting, direction, VFX and good grief, the characters! I've watched it at least 20 times since its release in theaters and digital and I tend to enjoy even more with each subsequent viewing.

Rogue One captures the Rebellion unlike any other film, while showing Imperial machinations at their height. I don't want to spoil anything for our friend Detoxing but IMO, it's a Must-See Star Wars film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
It would be interesting to hear the perspective of someone who entered Star Wars in a world where Rogue One already exists.

For those who 'experienced it in real-time' the swashbuckling saga started smack dab in the middle, but we were too gobsmacked by the revolutionary storytelling to worry too much about how we got there. Then 40 years later we get a backstory that's not only plausible but moving.
Excellent suggestion and observation. It'll be fun to read Detoxing's "review" of Rogue One after he's seen it for the first time.

I was so blown away by Rogue One that I saw it more than a few times in IMAX, which was an incredible experience.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote