Thread: ChiefsPlanet 2019 Black Friday Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #65
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
Would you care to link up exactly what you are talking about? I thought you were talking about SATA.
You quoted me saying the 660p was suppose to be 4x faster than a drive using TLC NAND. I figured you were confusing the Intel 660p with Intel Optane because then that would make sense.

At this point I'm just going to assume you have no idea what TLC or QLC means. It has nothing to do with the interface of the drive and instead refers to the type of NAND the drive is using. From fastest to slowest there's SLC, MLC, TLC, and QLC. QLC is the slowest of the lot and has the least endurance, though endurance probably wont matter to 95% of people who use a computer because the drive will be obsolete long before the TBW rating is met. The 660p uses QLC NAND where every drive I mentioned, along with the Samsung drives, use TLC, the Samsung Pro models use MLC. So the 660p is one of the slowest options you can find for a NVMe and the price it costs for that Intel badge doesnt make it worth it when you can spend the same amount or $10 more, sometimes less, and get a drive 2x faster.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.