Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 03:39 PM   #179
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
My 2016 and 2019 2500 diesels end up being within 1-2 cents per mile of a 5-10 year old used pickup when I trade in.

I used to use older vehicles for work, but the repairs and downtime killed me. Find out brand new vehicles cost roughly the same without the problems when it’s all said and done.

You just have to get over the initial cost, negotiate smartly, and pay it off in at the most 2 years.

This is for business using write offs. Anyone that doesn’t have that ability is going to get CRUSHED when it comes to value. Buy used if you work for someone else.
I managed to keep my older ones up and running, but I've figured out the same thing.

I used to try to get 2-3 year old ones with 30K miles and let someone else eat the big depreciation and dumping them before they get to 100K. But if you assume a new one and the used will be worth the same money at 90,000 miles, they came out to the penny on a $/mile basis. And you get warranty with a new one.

Now, I managed to find a 4 year old one with 8K miles that I was able to get the cost per mile down some so that's what I'm currently driving, but barring uncovering any other barely driven used vehicles, I'm probably going the new route next time.

Now on our personal vehicle, wife is driving a 5 year old rig.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.