Thread: Movies and TV Disney+ coming November 12th
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #152
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Interesting. I love streaming, but we outside the entertainment industry never really think much about how it has affected the average layman worker inside it. That sucks.

Sometimes i feel like with all these streaming content options, there is too much content. Its over saturated which leads to the 'race to the bottom' which you mentioned.
Lots of great content out there, but a ton of bad content too. Its just filler.
I've worked for very large corporations my whole career.

All of the consolidation of big companies into a huge conglomeration is really bad for consumers. In tech, Facebook shouldn't have been allowed to buy Instagram and Google allowed to buy Youtube. It's stifled innovation. Made it 10X harder for a start up to get a foot hold. We, the consumers, got the shit end of both of those deals. Just look around, whats happened since we allowed those mergers? They haven't done or launched any big original content or ideas.

Same with the entertainment industry, Allowing all these compaines to merge has only got us super hero movies, serial action movies and any other mass appeal movie. The bigger the corporation get, the less risk they take. Inovation is out the window.

On the surface you'd think that the consumers having more streaming options would benefit the consumer, But, as usual, these huge conglomerations do whats best for them and don't do any invocation. They want all the money from their content exclusively for themselves. In this case, more streaming choices is really bad for the consumer's entertainment dollar due to the exclusivity of the content to specific platforms.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.