View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #3253
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
That’s what I thought, but here’s my thing. If the S&P crashes and goes down the tubes by 50% aren’t we all screwed no matter what? Your managed fund is going down with it.
Sure you’ve got some bonds and a few international assets, but A large portion of my target fund is in stocks.

December is a great case study. It was the worst performance in a decade. The S&P went from 2,924 to 2,4447 (16.25% drop). Hell my target fund dropped more! It went down 17%!

I guess that’s why I’m such a big fan of this possibility. We went though hell after 9/11, 2008 and as recently as last December and it always bounces back stronger every single time. In almost 100 years, the S&P has done nothing but go up.

Meanwhile my target fund barely moves.
Portfolio diversification is a tried and true approach. If you're young and want to throw out widely-accepted recommendations and go all-in on stocks, go for it - you might get lucky. But no serious financial advisor would ever suggest that in the long-term.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.