Thread: Food and Drink Strouds fried chicken
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 06:32 AM   #152
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
Italian Gardens downtown and Golden Ox by the old stockyards were the two best (non BBQ) restaurants in KC when I was young. I assume both are gone. In high school I worked with LC Richardson (later opened LCs) at the Royals Stadium club fetching his prime rib, and eating his BBQ changed my life. But for cheap steak I do remember Ponderosa and Bonanza fit the bill.
My mom liked Ponderosa, so we would go on occasion...but my dad HATED it. I also remember eating at a place called "The Village" with my mom next to the Blue Ridge East cinema off of 40 Highway. We would eat there sometimes after shopping at the Blue Ridge Mall, or after seeing a movie.

And of course Shoney's off of 350 Highway.

Sadly, I was born and raised in KC and I have never eaten at Strouds. Next time I am in town I will check it out.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.