View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 04:53 PM   #24893
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
Greatest of all time is determined when a player's body of work is complete.

Best QB in football is not. That's about who's playing the position, right now, at the single highest level.

That's Patrick Mahomes. Muddying the waters with the rest is meaningless. Jordan was still the GOAT at 39, but he wasn't the best player in the NBA.
Oh, I agree with you. But I think the heaps of kudos and praise has already muddied the waters a little when people, including some analysts, talk about Mahomes. Yesterday or this morning, Some ESPN or Fox Sports talking head said that Mahomes is the best player of all time. Or something like that. The other panelists jumped all over that.

I believe that Pat Mahomes is the best QB I've ever seen, and probably will be, if he plays for long enough at something close to the level he's been playing, the best QB the NFL has ever seen.

But the greatest and the best are different. The greatest is about accomplishments, which means rings.

The best, IMO, is about ability, talent, etc. In terms of the ability to throw the ball on time, precisely, consistently, regardless of place, the moment, distance, platform, weather, you name it, Patrick Mahomes is the best QB that's ever played in the NFL, in my opinion. But there's more to being a great QB than just being able to throw the ball well. Even incredibly well.

But other than throw a bunch of TDs for a staggering number of yards, he really hasn't accomplished anything yet.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.