View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #409
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Again, I think we just get into "hybrid" player evals because he's not good enough to do one thing all the time, but is decent at everything.

I don't think I'd give up a first for that.
I don't think that's true.

I think he can play several roles at a plus level.

I think that's a good thing. I think the current defensive scheme is built around having multiple chess pieces. I get if you don't think that's the right approach, but the days of just lining up and our guys beat your guys one on one as your defensive philosophy...well, I don't think you can do that in the modern NFL with the rules the way they are.

I think that was the biggest problem with Sutton. He wanted to play 2000 Ravens style defense, and you can't do that in 2019. If you want to primarily invest in the defense draft after draft like the Ravens have always done, you can have a good defense, but you're not winning the Super Bowl in this age without a top 5 QB and offense.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.