View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #407
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It’s a fair question though because you already have Thornhill, Mathieu, and Fuller who are more than fine in their roles.

If we trade for Fitzpatrick, it’s likely because they think he can play outside. I’m just not so sure that they think that.
It's a totally fair question, I just think there is a totally reasonable answer.

The answer is versatility.

I've been preaching since we hired Spagnuolo that the key concept I was picking up from him in interviews was versatility.

If you don't have a Patrick Peterson, then the drop-off to the second tier guys is not worth the price differential, in my opinion, under the current PI rules. Therefore your best bet defensively is to have great versatility and be able to mix and match coverages and concepts and confuse the offense.

Fitzpatrick fits that, is young and cheap, and picking him up doesn't preclude a deal for a Peterson type if it's available.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.