Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #628
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Do any of you trade Chris Jones for Howard, straight up?
Ugh... this is a really tough question. I would have to say no. And that really surprises me. But here's the situation:

Without Jones this year, I am not sure there is another player adept at getting interior pressure. Speaks sprained his fat rolls, Khalen Saunders hasn't shown up like we all thought he would, and Nnaadi just isn't that guy.

Additionally, Howard just inked a 5 year, $75M deal. He's 26. That deal is going to be just fine for the next three years, and then you have to try to get out from under it as he heads into his 30s.

I just would rather let Jones ball out this year, then either tag and trade him or let him walk and recoup a draft pick for him. If you can trade him for anything more than a 3rd round pick, you do it. Make no mistake - that guy will NOT be signing a franchise tender. You tell his agent to work out a trade and negotiate a contract leading up to free agency. Then you get a haul for him, recover some of your picks from the Clark trade, and let another team pay him $100M.

Draft your own CB in the first round and control him for 5 affordable years before he gets expensive.

This is how we have to manage the cap with Mahomes' contract. It's just the new reality. Stop falling in love with players and thinking we have to pay them to stay.

Mahomes. That's it. That's the only person we HAVE to pay.

Everyone else is just an asset to be used or moved.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.