Thread: Chiefs NFL trade watch
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #436
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Is it the same reason one of them gave him a guaranteed $16 million deal?

He left the Bills because he got hurt and they were transitioning defense so they didn't know what to do with him. He was also the only return when the Eagles traded LeSean McCoy, who was seen as a big time player when the trade went down.

The Philly experiment admittedly went poorly but lets also remember that he was a necessary cost of offloading that awful Byron Maxwell deal they gave out. The Dolphins took on about $16 million of Maxwell's deal (guaranteed salaries after his bonus, IIRC) and Alonso was the prize.

Neither time was he traded just to be unloaded. Once was because Buffalo wanted the RB they thought fit their system well and their new scheme may not match Alonso coming off his injury, the other time was because Philly needed to figure out how to get out from that Maxwell contract and he was the piece they had to surrender to do it.

He's been a good player on a bad team in Miami - that's hardly his fault.
I mean, i'm all about seeing what sticks, so if they cut him go for it.

But I just dunno.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.