View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 05:29 PM   #424
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn View Post
Are you too stupid to even realize why Hill was targeted 3 times?
No, I'm not. I am smart enough to:

1. not let my emotions get in the way of decisions. If I did not think a deal was worth it, I would not trade Hill. Simple.

2. realize that we have some real problems at corner and it will cost us.

3. Know we have the best QB in the league, a QB that can make average receivers look good. *cough* Chris Conley *cough*

4. see that we also have Kelce and Watkins as well as Hardman, who has looked far better in pre-season than I anticipated.

Value is relative. We have the best QB in the league and several very good receivers. Tyreek Hill's comparative value to this team is not as much as it would be to a team that needs WRs. On the other hand, we are weak at CBs and that has the potential to really cost us, which means that CBs are more valuable to us than they are to other teams.

Last year, Hill tallied ~1400 yards and 12 TDs. Certainly impressive numbers. You think Mahomes cannot spread those yards throughout the remaining receivers? Think of Tre'Davious White for the Bills. He only allowed 30 catches on 52 targets last year. Gilmore only allowed 48 receptions on 109 targets (<50% receiving rate) and gave up 611 yards. He defended 20 passes.

Forget the personalities involved. Do you really think Mahomes could not spread those yards around? Even if we lost half those yards and TDs - 700 yards and 6 TDs - that seems a small price to pay for having a defense that doesn't make Jimmy Garoppolo look like Aaron Rogers. I mean, Mahomes would have 4400 yards and 43 TDs. That is still better than any other QB in the league. And given Mahomes' talent and our other receivers, I think that we would not lose that much offensive production. I think he would replace about 75-90% of those yards.

So again, forgetting personalities, is the loss of 250 yards and 3 TDs an acceptable cost to get a shut down CB? Considering this team's needs, I don't see why that is not an acceptable cost, particularly when the Chiefs are in a position to win the whole thing.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 3     Reply With Quote